Advertise Your Rates
- If you’re a Mortgage Broker: Sign up free (here). There are no required lead fees. All we ask is that you update your rates within 3 business hours, respond promptly to consumer inquiries and price at least one term equal to or less than the 3rd lowest rate in your province. If you want to connect with even more mortgage shoppers, consider the Spy’s Premium Exposure Package.
- If you’re a Lender: Sign up free (here). Advertising on RateSpy.com is a powerfully targeted way to reach savvy highly qualified mortgage shoppers.
Banner Ad Specs
- Dimensions: 300 x 250 Pixels
- File Size: 50 kb or less
- Animation: 1 round of animation lasting 5 seconds
Rate Promotion Guidelines
It benefits the entire RateSpy community if our site is viewed as an honest, transparent and user-friendly rate marketplace. Maintaining high integrity maximizes word of mouth, page views and mortgage leads.
To support this objective, we ask that all advertisers observe certain rate disclosure guidelines.
If any of the following apply to a rate advertised on RateSpy.com, it must be disclosed in the rate notes:
- The advertised rate is an effective rate based on a higher contract rate plus cash back
- The rate requires a minimum mortgage amount over $300,000.
- The mortgage must close in less than 30 days (rates with specific closing deadlines must be disclosed)
- The rate is for high ratio mortgages only
- The rate is for conventional mortgages only
- The mortgage has a penalty or fees that are unusual (e.g., 2.75% of the principal penalty, 6 months interest penalty, lender origination fees, etc.)
- The mortgage prohibits early discharge or early refinances
- The mortgage requires the borrower to refinance only with that lender before maturity
- The rate applies to only ONE of the following: purchases, refinances, switches
- The mortgage must close by a specific date, which is less than the advertised rate hold
- The rate requires bundling of another product (like a line of credit, real estate services, bank account, insurance, GIC, etc.)Note: Due to the limited audience for such products, you may advertise a maximum of two bundled rates on RateSpy.com and only one with a 5-year term.
To ensure that rates are adequately available to a reasonable segment of the population, RateSpy will not post rates that have more than four of the above conditions. We audit providers’ rates continually to ensure readers see correct data.
As always, rates are subject to the site’s terms and conditions. Among other things, those term prohibit rate advertising in provinces where the provider is not licensed. We also ask that advertisers abide by all applicable laws and regulations, which include but are not limited to disclosing APR where required, avoiding bait and switch tactics and making disclosures in ways that are clear and not confusing to consumers..
Rates not meeting the above guidelines will be deactivated without notice. Repeated non-disclosure is grounds for exclusion from the community.
The goal of all rate advertisers should be to communicate at least as much detail as you would want to see if you were shopping for a mortgage. We greatly appreciate your support of the site and your help in maintaining its high standards. Contact us anytime with questions at email@example.com.