Here’s a daily helping of fresh Canadian mortgage news (the italics are the Spy’s 2 cents).
Reader note: RateSpy’s mortgage news is now at → RATESDOTCA.
- 10 Things to Know About Mortgages This week… (RATESDOTCA)
- Inflation expectations are becoming unanchored and that’s a problem.
- Let’s stress-test government (Financial Post – Subscription)
- Mintz: “…What’s good for the goose is also good for the gander. Governments willing to put Canadians on a [mortgage] stress test should have to pass a stress test themselves.”
- The trouble with ‘bubble’: Why Canada’s red-hot housing market is defying the burst (The Globe & Mail – Subscription)
- “Policy makers were caught by surprise and failed to ensure the province’s supply of housing was in line with the influx of people.”—Ivey Business School’s Mike Moffatt
- Tax tips for buying, building, renovating or selling a home (The Globe & Mail – Subscription)
- How many Canadians missed their payments during the pandemic? (Mortgage Broker News)
- Urban to suburban trend in overdrive due to current environment (Mortgage Broker News)