Here’s a daily helping of fresh Canadian mortgage news (the italics are the Spy’s 2 cents).
Reader note: RateSpy’s mortgage news is now at → RATESDOTCA.
- Tangerine, RBC highest rated banks as overall satisfaction with banks drops: report (Yahoo Finance)
- Americans have a markedly higher opinion of their primary bank than Canadians. Not so coincidentally, they also enjoy more competition, one bank per 76,000 people, versus one bank per 453,000 in Canada.
- Fed’s Clarida plays down significance of rising inflation (BNN Bloomberg)
- Central bankers are either right about inflation remaining contained … or they’re very good actors.
- Where do Vancouver’s home price increases rank globally? (Mortgage Broker News)
- As subject-free offers rise in B.C.’s hot real estate market, experts call for cooling off period (Global News)
- Desjardin’s new chief economist is an optimist — about house prices and racial justice (Welland Tribune – Subscription)
- U.S. home prices surge the most on record in buying frenzy (BNN Bloomberg)
- Fortunately for Canadians buying in the U.S., the loonie has surged 17% versus the greenback in just the past 12 months.