Here’s a daily helping of fresh Canadian mortgage news (the italics are the Spy’s 2 cents).
Reader note: RateSpy’s mortgage news is now at → RATESDOTCA.
- Mortgage Payment Shock. A Risk at Renewal? (RATESDOTCA)
- Not unless the market is drastically underestimating inflation.
- Generation gamble? Millennials more willing to engage in bidding wars to get their dream home: TD Survey Shows (Newswire)
- 40% of homeowners say rising prices would incent them to list their homes. Interesting, given prices just rose the most on record.
- Pattie Lovett-Reid: Will a pandemic move outside urban centres still make sense in the long run? (CTV News)
- Bidding wars and sky-high prices — cottage property values set to rise by another 30% amid rural rally (Financial Post – Subscription)
- Gutsy call by RE/MAX
- How far would you go to find an affordable home? (The Globe & Mail – subscription)
- Mortgage fraud could rise with tighter lending rules, warns broker (Calgary Herald)
- At the margins perhaps, but this is not a significant threat.