Here’s a daily helping of fresh Canadian mortgage news (the italics are the Spy’s 2 cents).
Reader note: RateSpy’s mortgage news is now at → RATESDOTCA.
- RBC Unexpectedly Lifts Fixed Mortgage Rates (RATESDOTCA)
- You would have to save for 23 years just for the down payment on a home in these Canadian markets (Financial Post – Subscription)
- Odd that this reads “mortgage rates have risen 35 basis points since all-time lows.” What mortgage rates? Certainly not variable mortgage rates.
- Builder blames construction costs after Montrealer gets hit with $50K price hike for condo (CTV News)
- Like Andy Rooney once said, “Nothing in fine print is ever good news.”
- Are federal measures on housing missing the mark? (Mortgage Broker News)
- So you sold your house and plan to rent (Globe & Mail – Subscription)
- Buying blind: Loose rules around bidding breed suspicion and mistrust (Globe & Mail – Subscription)
- “I don’t ever recall a time where it’s been at this level, where there’s 35 offers on a property.”—Lisa Patel, president of The Toronto Regional Real Estate Board (TRREB).