Here’s a daily helping of fresh Canadian mortgage news (the italics are the Spy’s 2 cents).
Reader note: RateSpy’s mortgage news is now at → RATESDOTCA.
- CMHC’s Market Share Waterfall (RATESDOTCA)
- Opinion: Equitable Bank’s nesto Gamble (Canadian Mortgage Trends)
- Canadian home prices, sales to moderate but remain high, agency says (Financial Post – Subscription)
- Canadian Real Estate Is Past Peak Momentum, Says Big Six Bank Economist (Better Dwelling)
- How to douse Canada’s housing mania when you can’t raise interest rates (Globe & Mail – Subscription)
- Make the stress test harder they say, without any analysis of spillover effects.
- Has the pandemic affected Canadians’ monthly mortgage payments? (Mortgage Broker News)
- You got turned down for a mortgage? Here’s what to do (National Post)
- Here’s how much an extra $100,000 worth of house is really going to cost you (Financial Post – Subscription)
- “Double-digit real estate price growth and low single-digit wage growth cannot happen forever unless interest rates go negative or millions of millionaires from other parts of the world move to Canada.”—Jason Heath
- B.C. housing market shows “fading momentum” but 2021 sales may still shatter historic 2016 record (The Georgia Straight)