Here’s a daily helping of fresh Canadian mortgage news (the italics are the Spy’s 2 cents).
Reader note: RateSpy’s mortgage news is now at → RATESDOTCA.
- 10 Things to Know About Mortgages This week… (RATESDOTCA)
- Real estate frenzy to crest in 2021, CMHC says (BNN Bloomberg)
- Condition-free Offers (RECA)
- Alberta’s regulator advises real estate agents to keep a paper trail if they advise buyers to go in with no purchase conditions.
- Canadian housing market showing signs of slowdown (Wealth Professional)
- Central 1 housing analysis predicts slower market in 2022 but prices continue upward (Times Colonist)
- Mortgage agents beware: don’t be seduced by low rates (Mortgage Broker News)
- New First-Time Home Buyer Incentive Might Fuel the Housing Bubble (The Motley Fool)
- Warren Buffett just sounded the alarm on inflation — here are seven ways to be ready (Financial Post – Subscription)
- David Rosenberg: Some effects of the pandemic may linger, but inflation isn’t one of them (Financial Post – Subscription)
- Necessary fixes in real estate: Blind bidding, and other questionable practices (Globe & Mail – Subscription)
- Congressman wants U.S. exemption for proposed tax on foreign homeowners in Canada (Montreal Gazette)